Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Forgiving

Grudges. I don't hold them, and perhaps I should. I am pretty forgiving. I forgive everything. I really shouldn't. But yeah, I do. Is there some things that you should just not forgive a person for? Of course not the obvious things, like murder....ect ect...

But like, I was abused for years ...and I kept forgiving, and forgiving..going back and forgiving. I forgive my father for what he is and what he has done to me and my family, I have forgiven friends for backstabbing and lying, ive forgiven family members for acting like I don't exist in a time of extreme need.

Am I really forgiving?  Or maybe its the old saying, I forgive but I don't forget. Because really while I have forgiven my father, my abuser, my lying friends,...ect ect...I have really not forgotten, and think about those things daily. Is that then truly forgiving? Is it ok to forgive someone but not to really forget about it?  Hmm. I dont know. Then again, I really don't know much of anything these days.

5 comments:

  1. Forgiving and not forgeting is a common thing. Sometimes carrying a grudge or not forgiving is harder than forgiving. Of course you can never completely forget things that have hurt you in the past, its leaving it in the past that heals the hurt in time. Forgiving is not something that can be forced...but forgiveness can be rewarded in the friendship you may find. follow your own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same anonymous person on previous blog or no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes same..I know we should stop meeting this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah lol, we should. hey im reaching back out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. check your gmail acct

    ReplyDelete